About the LPI 117-199 Ubuntu Level 1 exam.
The LPI 117-199 test is designed to measure your technical competency in using the Ubuntu Linux operating system. This is a vendor neutral entry-level test, which demonstrates that you have basic knowledge in managing and maintaining Ubuntu Linux operating systems.
* Ubuntu background and Linux : This objective describes the history of Linux and the Ubuntu distribution and also explains the Ubuntu release cycle
* Ubuntu desktop tour : This objective includes summarizing the key features of Ubuntu desktop, customizing the desktop settings, navigating to directories and files in Nautilus
* Using the command line interface : This objective covers the essential CLI commands
* Networking basics : This objective explains the current configuration of network interfaces, testing for a working network connection, analyzing the network using network tools
* File system and basic backups : This objective includes explaining storage device naming system, configuring fstab, managing file systems etc.
* GNOME configuration : This objective focuses on localizing your GNOME environment, managing your GNOME configuration and restore a default state.